These terms and conditions apply to ‘The Courtyard Rooms – Brightlingsea’, our officers, employees and agents (‘we’/’us’/’our’) and the person or legal entity making the booking, or to whom we supply services in respect of the booking (‘you’/’your’). These booking terms and conditions are governed by English law and apply to all bookings except where we agree in writing other terms.
By making a booking you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
Bookings & Payments
- Prices are per room, per night and include breakfast;
- A 50% deposit payment is required to secure a booking;
- Final payment is due on departure;
- Bookings can be provisionally reserved for 48 hours, after which time the booking will automatically expire unless a deposit is received. Please telephone to discuss making a provisional booking: 01206 60 33 11;
- Deposit payments can be made by cash, card, cheque or BACS transfer;
- Payments on departure can be made by cash or card;
- You must be over 18 years of age to make a booking.
- We are entitled by law to charge for booked accommodation not taken up;
- Cancellations made more than 48 hours before arrival do not incur a cancellation fee;
- Cancellations within 48 hours of arrival incur a 50% cancellation fee;
- Cancellations within 24 hours of arrival incur a 100% cancellation fee;
- Transferring your booking to an alternative date is possible up to 48 hours prior to arrival.
Within 48 hours of arrival, date transfers of bookings are subject to the cancellation fees described above;
- If you are unable to stay for the duration of your booking, the remaining days of your booking are subject to the cancellation fees described above.
- If we are able to resell the accommodation after a cancellation or transfer, no fee will be charged and any fees paid will be refunded.
Arrival and Departure Times
- We ask that guests check in between the hours of 4pm – 7pm;
- We ask guests to leave their rooms before 11am on the morning of their departure;
- Arrival and departure times can be extended by prior arrangement.
- Our carpark is allocated on a first come, first served basis and we cannot reserve parking spaces for any guests except those who display a blue disability badge.
Code of Conduct
- For insurance purposes, only registered guests of The Courtyard Rooms are permitted on the premises.
- Smoking is not permitted in any areas of the property except the car park;
- Guests are expected to behave in a respectful manner whilst on the property, and we reserve the right to terminate your booking immediately without being liable for any refund or compensation where you engage in unacceptable behaviour that causes a disturbance or nuisance to other guests.
- We ask that guests comply with regulations regarding fire, health and safety throughout their stay.
- We welcome sociable, well trained dogs;
- We must be notified of any dogs at the time of booking;
- Dogs must not enter the breakfast room at any time;
- Bookings including dogs are restricted to certain rooms which allow more freedom of movement for your pet.
- We do not accept liability for damage, loss or injury to any member of your party or any vehicles or possessions, unless proven to be caused by a negligent act by ourselves, our employees or contractors whilst acting in the course of employment.
- We will not be liable for failure to perform to the extent that the failure is caused by any factor beyond our reasonable control;
- You are responsible for any damage or loss caused to us or our property by the act, omission, default or neglect of you or anyone in your party (including dogs), and you agree to indemnify us and to pay us on demand the amount reasonably required to make good or remedy any such damage or loss.
- We are certified PCI compliant, meaning that all payment information is used securely and responsibly, and no payment information is stored or shared;
- Personal and contact information of our guests is stored securely and not shared.
- Please read our Access Statement for full information on access throughout the property.